FunMaza ForuM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Place To Have Fun & Maza With Friendz

Please Read the suggestions section and give your suggestion for FM skin...Funmaza Forum Is Back.**~~**..Most Welcome To All New and Old FM Users.**~~**..Some New Emotions Are Added..**~ADD this ID in your msn messenger "group845326@groupsim.com" ~*Chat Box on Forum is enable don't forget to log in there*... Keep Posting Have Fun

4 posters

Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec

WanTeD
    WanTeD
    Members
    Members

Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec Empty Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec

Post by WanTeD Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec Enlarge3420Qureshi---1--l

KUALA LUMPUR: Pakistan's armed forces hope to rout Taliban militants in the South Waziristan along the border with Afghanistan before winter sets in by late December, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qurehsi said Sunday.

"The operation so far has been very successful. The resistance that we were expecting initially did not come with the same swiftness we were expecting," Qureshi told reporters.

He is in Kuala Lumpur to attend a meeting of Islamic countries starting Monday.

Pakistan launched an offensive in mid-October in the South Waziristan area where the Taliban — including fighters from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Chechnya and the Arab world — have grown in power in recent years.

"South Waziristan is an area which is very important in order to check criminal terrorist activity in Pakistan. Not just Pakistan, but beyond," he said.

Qureshi said the armed forces have surrounded the area and choked supply lines to the militants. They are on the run. They are in retreat and there is disarray over there," he said.

He said it would be difficult to give a time frame for achieving total military success but "we would want to achieve our objectives as much as possible before the winter sets in."

"And it seems, as things are going on, that we might be able to do so ... I can't give you a date but that area becomes very cold (by late December). We want to operate and establish our foothold before that."

Militants also blew up a girls' school in the Khyber tribal region, the latest in the Taliban's campaign against modern education that has destroyed hundreds of schools across Pakistan.

Qureshi dismissed suggestions that U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's rebuke, during a visit to Pakistan last week, was an embarrassment.

In an apparent reference to the Pakistani army's inability to vanquish the Taliban despite repeated offensives, Clinton had said it was hard to believe that the Pakistani leaders don't know where the militants are hiding.

Qureshi said Clinton was not being "negative or sarcastic" but "objective" because she was speaking as a partner in the fight against terrorism.

"We are allies. We have shared objectives. We want these elements who have created havoc in Pakistan and who are potentially dangerous for regional peace and stability to be eliminated.

"We are moving with greater coordination. The more we coordinate, the more effective our operations will be on both sides of the border," he said.
    By: Ary News
    Asim
    Asim
    Dark FelloW
    Root Admin

Dark FelloWRoot Admin

Hobbies : KOF, CHESS

Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec Empty Re: Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec

Post by Asim Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 pm

I wish and Pray for this Operation may we get peace in Pakistan Ameen
    Shaharyar
    Shaharyar
    Members
    Members

Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec Empty Re: Pakistan hopes to root Taliban by mid-Dec

Post by Shaharyar Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am

Ameen.
    where I, see this will take much time, opening the winter will colse the war, according to Qureshi... I guess is irrelevant.. this will take more than couple of years...
    Cause Nations strikes..
    ..::adnan::.
    ..::adnan::.
    V.I.P Member
    V.I.P Member

Hobbies : work posting in fm and go to cafe hangout with friends

Post by ..::adnan::. Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm

SUM AMEEN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 am